ABAX is the second-largest telematics company and one of the largest IoT companies in Europe. Telematics is the art of connecting mobile and distributed assets and is one of the fastest-growing IoT segments. We develop our own line of hardware, firmware and software; tied together in an open platform that allows other sensors to connect and collect data through the ABAX Global Network. ABAX provides an innovative end-to-end platform to support digitalization and automation for our customers. Hosted and born in the cloud, we are always available.
For people with the right attitude who want to become a little bit better every day, we create a place where personal development and fun combine to form a fulfilling and profitable workday. We know happy employees equal happy customers, and we do our utmost to facilitate employee satisfaction, both in and out of work. We have more than 350 employees across offices in eight countries. Our Headquarters and Tech Centre are situated in Larvik, on the southeast coast of Norway. Our values: Enthusiastic, Innovative and Sustainable form the foundation of our daily work, every hour of every day.
ABAX is currently strengthening our ABAX Central department. The department consists of five teams who develop and maintain our core services to our customer base of 45.000 customers.
As a QA engineer in ABAX Central, you will work closely with your development team to assure quality. You will also collaborate with other QA resources as well as with product teams to develop and automate all tests. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, curious, persistent, collaborative, and deeply knowledgeable about test automation practice and theory.
- Collaborate with the QA team to implement automated testing and tooling solutions
- Triage manual test cases for the most urgent automation candidates within team projects
- Define and promote test automation best practices, standards and processes aligned with lead QA engineers.
- Perform code reviews of test scripts
- Take responsibility to ensure that the team collectively take responsibility for fixing failed tests and issues with the CI/CD infrastructure.
- Ensure the release of high-quality software while actively reducing our cycle time
We offer you
A growing and dynamic workspace with engaged and dedicated colleagues from all over the world. At ABAX, no two days are alike, and we offer a varied role with a lot of responsibility. With the right mindset, this role will challenge and allow you to keep developing your skills. Further, we can offer you flexible working hours as well as a competitive salary. We take pride in that ABAX workplaces are pleasant and designed for personal advancement and fulfillment. We do our utmost to facilitate employee satisfaction — at work and in their free time.
We use well proven technology that has been continuously updated and developed over the last 10 years. ABAX has full ownership of all our technology areas and all development (hardware, software and firmware) is done inhouse. This makes ABAX a unique, exciting and challenging place to work!
Other benefits include
- Competitive salary
- Development budget
- 10% work time dedicated to learning
- Flexible working hours
- Occasional remote work available
- Bi-yearly kickoffs
- Private healthcare and insurance
- Private healthcare and insurance
- Multisport sports membership
- PPE Pension Plan
- Beautiful new office on the 31st floor of Olivia Business Centre
Required skills and qualifications
We believe that you are very comfortable working with software engineers, configuring environments, looking in databases, automating test and building frameworks. Furthermore, you need to be deeply knowledgeable about test automation practice and theory.
- Test automation (any platform, any language – C#, Ruby, Python, Java… it’s all good)
- Efficient and thorough manual testing skills will be considered as a good substitute to test automation experience.
- Exploratory testing
- Challenging scope requirements
- Configuring Continuous Integration environments and supporting Continuous Deployments
- Writing automated tests
- Developing systems for both high availability and scalability
- Message queues and event-driven services
- Continuous Integration / Deployment
- Common test automation design patterns
- REST Web Services and HTTP
- Test Driven and Behaviour Driven development practices and tools/frameworks
- Exposure to cloud (Azure, Google Cloud or AWS etc.)
We are looking for a person who recognizes themselves in our three values: enthusiastic, innovative, and sustainable. We believe that you are curious, detail oriented and persistent. At ABAX, we highly value teamwork where being a team player is essential for our continued success. The ideal candidate has a mindset that expects to be challenged, always looking for ways to work smarter and is motivated by open continuous feedback on performance.
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Work extent: Full time
- Location: Gdansk, Poland